Monday, September 29, 2014

About Me


My name is Brent Norum and I am a returning student at Cal Poly Pomona. I went to elementary school at U.E.S., an experimental school on the UCLA campus, then to Lincoln Junior High School in Santa Monica for grades 7-9, and finally to Santa Monica High School where I completed my high school diploma. I completed a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Geology at Cal Poly Pomona in 1997. I have a wife and three children that keep me very busy. For hobbies, I enjoy backpacking, rock climbing, camping, and photography—you could call me an “outdoors” type.

On the technology continuum, I would categorize myself as a “techie” as I work as an IT Consultant in the Desktop Technology group of the IT division at Cal poly Pomona. I really enjoy solving IT problems and assisting others with technology that helps them do their jobs. I have worked in the IT field for twenty years, the last ten years at Cal Poly Pomona, and the prior ten years at the U.S. Forest service. I guess you could say I love the computer thing!

I have just signed up for the Masters of Educational Multimedia program to further my education. It has been a while since I received my Bachelor’s degree and I wanted to keep learning in the technology field and also broaden my horizons with a master’s degree. I like working with digital pictures and videos of my family and hobbies. In my job, I sometimes do some web page editing for folks, and I want to learn more. The Masters in Educational Multimedia fits the bill!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my bio. Hope you enjoy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brent! Nice headlamp - that reminds me I need to get a new one. They do come in handy! Nice to meet you, and hope we can collaborate towards our goals in this program! -Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brent:
    It's nice to see you after ten years. It seems you are still very active with your outdoor activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting story, Brent. So much has changed in the last 20 years and many things are different now than in the 1990's, including the internet. Wow.

    ReplyDelete